Coastal Repertory Theatre is pleased to announce OPEN CALL AUDITIONS for
Ken Ludwig’s LEND ME A TENOR
Lend Me A Tenor, by Ken Ludwig, directed by Mark Drumm, is a madcap, screwball comedy that is sure to become the hit of the season.
The Cleveland Opera has a problem. First, the leading tenor in the opera Otello is late, then distraught and possibly dead. Who could step in and save the company? This comedy of assumed identities will have them rolling in the aisles.
AUDITION DATE: (one day only)
Saturday, October 8
- Open call auditions (12pm-4pm)
Coastal Repertory Theater
1167 Main Street, Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
- Friday and Saturday nights, Sunday Matinees
- February 3 – February 25
Needed: 4 men + 4 woman
- Max (male early 30s) – Assistant to Saunders (must sing)
- Maggie (female 20-30s) – Max’s girlfriend
- Saunders (male mid 50s) – Opera Manager and Maggie’s father
- Tito (male 30-50) – Opera great Il Stupendo (must sing and have Italian accent)
- Maria (female 30s) – Tito’s wife, Sophia Lauren type (Italian accent)
- Bellhop (male any age) would be opera star (must sing)
- Diana (female 40s) – Soprano of the company – DIVA
- Julia (female 60s) – Chairman of Opera Guild
Auditions will include a cold reading from the script as well as a pre-arranged side. All Roles are available. Headshots and resumes are certainly appreciated, but not required. Actors for Tito and Maria will be expected to demonstrate proficiency and sustainability in the standard Italian dialect.
This is a great show for musical comedy folks who are looking to work on character, comic timing and working in a non-musical that requires a bit of singing.