Coastal Theatre Conservatory (CTC)
The Coastal Theatre Conservatory (CTC) provides top quality dramatic training for young people ages 5 to 18. The Conservatory productions are among the hottest tickets in town. The youth production is featured in every season. We’re proud of this unique and special dimension to our theatre.
Conservatory Director – Michael “Bub” Lederman
Under the direction of Michael Lederman, the 2010 San Mateo County Arts Educator of the Year, young people receive classes and coaching in the performing arts. Classes run during after-school hours from September through May.
At CTC, young actors:
- Receive professional training in improvisation and acting techniques
- Learn vocal and movement techniques from trained theatre veterans
- Develop skills that increase self-esteem and improve communication skills
- Begin a life-long love for theatre and the arts
- Enjoy a safe, drug-free space for children to explore their creativity
- Have a TON of fun!
CTC is not the only place for children at Coastal Rep. They are integral to our mission and operation. Children are also featured in our Talent Show and other productions. Coastal Rep is committed to selecting plays each season that include dramatic opportunities for all ages.
Important Note: CTC tuition is one of the lowest in the Bay Area. This means that we need help from every family to support our program with a commitment of their time (building sets, costuming, Pumpkin Festival volunteering, etc.).
For more information about CTC contact us at: email@example.com